Are you looking for the best shoe after a calcaneal fracture? You are on the right page because we have some of the most popular ones here on our guide.
After a calcaneal fracture, walking without the right support is hard and painful. That’s why we decided to go on a search for some of the best shoes that could help anyone with such a fracture
In a Hurry
Suppose you are in a hurry to find yourself the best shoe that will help with calcaneal fractures. Just follow through with this guide. By the time you finish, you will have a lot to choose from. So let’s get started.
Best Shoe after Calcaneal Fracture
Our Top Pick
Before we start, let me introduce you to this shoe. It’s a great shoe that can help with healing. Works well for any foot pain, even if it’s after surgery. So be sure to check it out, and I guarantee you won’t regret it.
Round Up of the Best Shoe after Calcaneal Fracture
ProCare Squared Toe Post-Op Shoe
The ProCare Squared Toe Post-Op Shoe is great that can give you stable protection. It is designed to keep the toes dry and to keep any bandaging or dressing clean.
It has a square toe that serves as a bumper and provides extra space for your foot. The padded heel and adjustable ankle strap encourage natural and proper foot positioning while also reducing heel slippage.
It also has a rigid rocker and traction sole to reduce pressure on your heels. This then helps your fracture to heal at a faster rate. Besides that, it has a universal fit that can work for the right or left leg.
- Not only great for calcaneal fracture but also for broken toes
- Not as heavy as other orthopaedic boots
- Easy and painless to slide the foot in
- Good quality Velcro straps that will not break easily
- Has a universal design
- Lacks support on the side of the ankles to keep the foot from rotating
- The shape of the sole tends to push the toe up when walking
Mars Wellness Premium Post Op Broken Toe/Foot Fracture Square Toe Walking Shoe
Here we have a premium toe and foot shoe that is ideal for those recovering from plantar surgery or broken toes or foot. The velcro straps make a nice feature to help in keeping the foot secure.
It comes with a traction sole at the bottom grips the floor to make each step safer and easier. The inner portion is also padded with soft materials to keep you comfortable even after long periods of using the shoe.
It has a universal design that makes it suitable for both legs. Plus it comes in two versions. With the wider toed one being for men and the one with the narrower toes being for women.
- It is designed well to protect and support the foot and toes post-op
- Lightweight and easy to move around in
- It comes with a traction sole that provides a d non-slip tread bottom
- Has easily adjustable straps for a great fit
- It puts some pressure on the toes
- The velcro straps are too long
Darco Med-Surg Post Operative Shoe-Women Large Black
If you are looking for rigid control for your foot, the Darco Med-Surg Post-Op Shoe may be your best bet. The uniquely designed forefoot closure secures the foot uniformly without the usual pressure points caused by straps and buckles.
The ankle straps eliminate heel friction and movement by keeping the foot firmly planted on the sole. The square toe protects the forefoot and toes from damage and provides extra room.
- Comfortable and very lightweight to wear
- It offers MetaShank support
- The shoe design is versatile
- Customizable fit around the ankle and midfoot
- The sole is not rigid enough and bends with the foot
- May be too wide for most people.
Walker for Fracture Recovery, Protection and Healing After Foot or Ankle Injuries
The shoe here comes with an open toe design, a wide toe bed, a shock-absorbing deluxe foam liner and extra soft pads. It is comfortable and supportive as well. Making the healing process for a calcaneal fracture bearable.
The shoe provides extra room to account for bandages and swelling. Its low profile rocker bottom encourages a more natural gait. At the same time, the medical fastener straps can be easily adjusted for a customized fit.
- Adjustable strap system for a secure and comfortable custom fit
- Comes with a strong polymer shell
- It has strong and durable Velcro Straps
- The profile of the shoe is low and lightweight
- The interior is too loose with no way to tighten it
- Lacks stability and immobilization on the leg part
Aircast AirSelect Walker Brace/Walking Boot (Elite, Short and Standard)
Here is a great shoe that can work with calcaneal fractures. The best part about this shoe is that it comes in three different styles and sizes. It is an easy shoe to work with making it less troublesome for the wearer.
The shoe provides support and compression through the pre-inflated front panel and a couple of adjustable air cells. It also works to help control oedema and swelling of the foot.
- The material used on the shoe is lightweight and durable
- It comes with a shock-absorbent material
- It has a universal design that works well for the left and right foot
- It offers pneumatic pressure to reduce swelling
- May not offer much comfort to the wearer
- The velcro straps do not last long
What is Calcaneal Fracture?
This is whereby the heel is crushed under the weight of the body. When this occurs, the heel can widen, shorten, and become deformed.
By now I hope you have a list of some of the best shoes that you can buy for a calcaneal fracture. The above list has some of the most popular ones that have come heavily recommended. Be sure to take a look at our top pick. Good luck as well!!
- How wide should the toe box of a shoe be? - January 7, 2022
- Can you run a marathon in trail shoes? - January 7, 2022
- What running shoes do ultra runners use? - January 7, 2022