Wondering which of the host of products we classify as some of the best trail running shoes for long-distance? Enthusiast and professional runners alike will have some idea of what to keep an eye out for when searching for their shoes.
For a beginner, you may not really know what to expect or what to get from a whole bunch of choices. However, that shouldn’t worry you. We already did that for you.
In a Hurry
Are you in a hurry to find yourself some of the best running shoes out there? Then follow through with this guide, and I am sure that you will have a few selects in your mind by the time you finish it.
Our Top Pick
Under Armour Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe
Before we start, I would like to give a special mention to this pair of shoes right here. Not only does it offer a great running cover for your feet, but it has so many features. Be sure to check it out fully.
5 Product Reviews of the Best Trail Running Shoes for Long Distance
Salomon Alphacross Trail Running Shoe
Here we have a pair that has been designed specifically for running. It is a shoe built for maximum grip on loose, soft, rugged, and uneven surfaces.
It has aggressive traction and protection, but it’s light and comfortable enough for everyday running. The Contagrip TA uses deep, sharp lugs made from a compound that balances durability and adhesion.
With a midsole that is made and designed for high performance. This shoe also has EVA foam that provides shock attenuation and the Alphacross that provides superior cushioning and comfort.
- The shoe has a great grip and can be used on loose, soft, rugged, and uneven surfaces
- Has Contagrip that balances durability and adhesion on the shoe
- The shoe is protective and yet very light on the feet
- It comes in different colors to choose from
- Is strictly a man’s shoe and is not unisex
- May not be the most stylish shoe
Under Armour Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe
Coming to you made with 84% Polyester, 16% Elastane, this imported shoe with a synthetic sole is a great choice for someone looking for a running pair of shoes for everyday exercise.
It is a neutral shoe that has been designed for runners who need a balance of flexibility and cushioning. It comes with a lightweight mesh upper with three different colors and is completely breathable.
The durable leather overlays for stability and that allows it to lock in your midfoot. The EVA sockliner gives a soft feel as you run making sure to keep your foot cushioned and comfortable.
- The shoes is highly protective to the foot but it also very lightweight for easy running
- Comes with molded foam that makes the shoe more durable than regular shoes
- Is made with durable leather overlay making the shoe quite waterproof
- Has solid rubber soles that will protect your foot from any rocks and uneven surfaces
- Comes in different color shades to choose from
- May not be the cheapest running shoe in the market
- Is a low cut shoe without ankle coverage
Saucony Excursion TR12 Sneaker
Besides being Imported, we have this shoe that is 100% synthetic making it a rather protective and light shoe. It’s also pretty stylish for a running shoe and can work elsewhere.
Though it has a rugged look that many people may not like, it is a men’s shoe, after all, so it has to look that way. The mesh upper with supportive overlays locks your foot into place, while the trail-tested outsole with a triangular lug pattern will keep you from slipping.
- Comes with a mesh upper that supports and locks your foot in place
- It has an outsole triangular lug that prevent you from slipping and falling
- Is very light on the feet yet still protective
- It has a stylish look that makes it look casual
- Couldn’t find a female pair
- Is not a cheap shoe
ASICS Gel-Venture 7 Trail Running Shoes
Here we have a synthetic shoe that comes to you with a rubber sole. Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system attenuates shock during the impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
It has a sockliner that can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic. The ASICS High Abrasion Rubber sole is very durable and can withstand even the toughest running planes.
- It has reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain
- The synthetic material is strong and reliable giving protection to your foot at all costs
- The shoe is very light and easy to run in
- Has a removable sockliner that can be switched with a medical orthotic
- Comes in different color choices
- Material used can easily soak up water and stains
- The shoe doesn’t have the nicest designs
Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 5 Trail Running Shoe Aq2219-200
These shoes have been specially designed to allow one to run through the wettest and rockiest trails. It has a strong and protective sole that will not allow you to feel any rocks as you run
It comes with an ultra-lightweight Fly Mesh upper that lets your foot breathe while it flexes. Also, it joins a full-length Nike React foam midsole for smooth and easy jog or runs.
- Can be used in the wettest and rockiest trails
- Is an ultra-lightweight shoe that grants easy running
- Has a fly mesh upper that allows your feet to breathe while running
- The midsole protects your feet from any rocky terrains
- Comes is different colors to choose from
- Is not as affordable as regular track shoes
- The upper part of the shoe is not waterproof
What is a running shoe?
A running shoe is a lightweight shoe designed for use by runners. Running shoes need cushioning in the forefoot and heel to absorb about four times your body weight per step.
What should a running shoe provide?
Besides having the correct shoe size, a running shoe should be protective at both upper and lower parts. It should also be lightweight to make sure that it can run freely. The ankle collar is significant as it will protect and cushion your ankles while you run.
Can you wear running shoes for walking?
In general, running shoes have more cushioning in the heel and forefoot. Walkers need less cushioning than runners but still need some. Running makes your feet hotter, and running shoes often have mesh to allow for breathability. The right shoes can help prevent injury and make walking more enjoyable.
Can you use running shoes for the gym?
So it’s clear that running shoes normally should be kept for just running; however, if you have budget constraints and need to use them for the gym, walk, or even skydive or chess, that’s generally fine. Avoiding multidirectional sports is the most important thing for avoiding injury and damage to the shoes.
In conclusion, all I can say is that when it comes to running shoes, all you need is to make sure that you have something comfortable to wear and something reliable that will not lead to you having a swollen ankle.